How much does a kitchen renovation cost?
If you want a rough estimate the cost of a kitchen renovation, plan to spend between R45,000 and R150,000 or more. The size of your kitchen, the materials and appliances you choose, as well as labour costs, all have an impact on how much your project will cost.
If you’re considering remodelling your kitchen, you might be wondering how much it will cost.
Expect to spend the following on a new kitchen, plumbing and electrical installation, tiling, and installation but excludes the cost of new appliances
- R45,000 to $85,000 for a small or budget kitchen
- R85,00,000 to R150,000 for a mid-range kitchen
- R150,000+ for a high-end kitchen
These prices are just a general guide and below we will dive deeper into what affects the price of a kitchen renovation.
Factors that affect the cost of a Kitchen Remodel
The price of a kitchen renovation can vary a lot, below we list some of the major factors that influence the cost of renovating a kitchen:
- Cost of materials and fitting like taps counter tops etc.
- How complicated the job is and what needs to be done
- The cost of labour performing various tasks
- The dimensions of the kitchen
- The style and finish you want in the kitchen
- The type of flooring you want to install
- What type of kitchen cabinets you would like to install
- Electrical and plumbing installation renovation and changes
- Gas installation or changes
Kitchen Remodelling cost breakdown into various elements
Below is a breakdown of the major elements contributing to the kitchen´s renovation costs. We’ve found that the following budget allocations work well for most projects:
- Kitchen cupboards – 30 %
- Countertops – 15%
- Plumbing and Electrical – 10%
- Tile or Flooring – 10%
- Labour – 25%
- Additional expenses – 10%
Saving money on your Kitchen Renovation
The total cost of your kitchen makeover will be significantly influenced by the materials you choose.
- For instance, countertops can be made of a laminate, which is very inexpensive, or granite or stainlesteel, which is much more expensive.
- In a similar fashion, melamine cupboards are the least expensive cupboards available.On the other hand solid wood cupboards, can easily cost four times as much.
You can save alot of money on your Kitchen Renovation by:
- If you’re looking for a stainless steel substitute on a budget, look into the designer laminate countertops. There are laminates that appear like stainless steel, but we recommend textured and/or patterned laminates because they make for a tough benchtop that will still look beautiful after it has been used and mistreated.
- Do you like polyurethane’s cupboards curled edges and glossy appearance but not its price? Doors that are vinyl wrapped (also known as thermo-formed) are essentially identical looking to doors made of polyurethane but cost much less.
- Consider a laminate with a granite-like appearance if you prefer the granite look but not the granite price for your countertops. If it’s not your style, look at the selections of engineered stone (or quartz) benchtops that are currently available.
- Engineered stone is less expensive than natural marble or granite and has a homogeneous appearance that many kitchen designers find more appealing. It is as sturdy and long-lasting as natural stone but at a better price.
Hiring the right Kitchen Renovator.
You need to be sure the kitchen renovators you hire are qualified for the work. Here are some inquiries to make:
- Are you certified and licenced to perform the task?
- Are you and your staff insured to perform the task on my property?
- How longwiil my kitchen renovation take to complete?
- Can you provide me with a detailed itemized quote?
- Can you provide me with any references that I can follow up on?
- Is there any examples of your work that I can perform a visual inspection on?
If you liked the answers they gave you you can go ahead and ask them for a quote.