How much does it cost to build a house in South Africa?
Are you thinking of buying a new house but can not find a property you like? Do you own land and would like to build a property on it? Then you will likely want to know how much it costs to build a house in South Africa.
The cost of building a house can vary greatly depending on the construction type, the grade of fittings and finishings how many bathrooms it has and the province in that you are situated in.
Below you will find a table with the average cost of building a house per square meter.
These are the averages for all construction types of residential buildings. If you are considering having a conventional building built you should expect the price to be slightly higher with the use of good quality but standard fittings and finishings. Additionally, if you require high-end fittings and finishings you should look to double these above-mentioned amounts.
How much Does it cost to build a traditional brick and mortar House?
A brick and mortar structure aka a conventional building is some of the most expensive construction methods but they provide excellent insulation and will last a very long time compared to some other construction methods.
The average cost to build a brick-and-mortar house in South Africa is between R8000m2-R20000m2 depending on the type of finishings, the type of roof and the type of fittings.
The easiest way to get an accurate estimate is to complete our online form or by giving us a call and we will connect you with a Leading Building Contractor in your area for an obligation-free quote.
Factors that influence the cost to build a house.
There are many factors that influence how much a new home will cost you:
- The type of construction
- The type of roof selected and roofing material that will be used
- Where the building site is located
- The type of flooring material selected
- The type of ceiling material selected
- The size of the kitchen and the cupboards, countertops, taps and fittings selected
- The stability of the soil that the building is being built on
- The size amount of bathrooms and the fittings like baths, showers, flooring, taps, vanities and more
These are just some of the factors that can influence the cost of your building project.
Selecting the right building contractor to build your house
It can be a challenging task to select the right building contractor. We recommend that you sit down with potential contractors and discuss the project with them. These are just some of the questions you should ask them:
- Are you NHBRC registered and do you comply with all standards required for my project?
- Are you and your staff insured for working on my site?
- Do you guarantee your workmanship?
- Do you have an in-house draftsman or architect and is this included in the package?
- Do you make use of subcontractors and how do you ensure the quality of their work?
- How do you guarantee the work rendered by subcontractors?
- How long will the project take and how do you guarantee that it will finish on time?
- What does the quote include and what does the quote exclude?
- What sets you apart from your competition and why should I choose you?
- Can I choose the suppliers and finishings for my project?
These are most of the crucial questions you should ask your contractor before selecting them for the job. We also recommend asking them anything that you feel might be of importance to you.
Why choose a vetted Building Pros Contractor when selecting a Home Builder
Below we list a couple of reasons for selecting a Building Pros building contractor:
- Our Network of building contractors are NHBRC-registered.
- Our Network building contractors offer competitive prices while delivering excellent work
- Detailed itemized quotations that are obligation free.
- Guaranteed workmanship ensuring that your house will last for many years to come.
- They make use of qualified artisans.
- They are dedicated to providing outstanding results.
- They offer different construction methods and custom designs to suit most budgets
When selecting a Building Pros partner it takes a lot of guessing out the process.